More than 50% of all physicians are participating in the Medicare Electronic Record Incentive Program better known as Meaningful Use. Who in your practice is responsible for the decision on whether to participate or, for that matter, the implementation of the data collection and reporting if you are already registered? No matter how large your practice is, the answer to that question should be YOU. Meaningful Use is not about other physicians in your group, your business manager or your IT vendor. It is about you and Medicare. If you plan to stay enrolled in Medicare, familiarity with Meaningful Use is essential!
The online course has been prepared for any individual who works as a healthcare provider. There are no prerequisites to participate.
David Joyce M.D. M.B.A. and Paul Gurny M.B.A. MS
After participating in this activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss how to implement MU in your practice
- Identify if your EHR help you are hurt you?
- Explain the incentive/penalty profile for Meaningful Use
- Identify who is eligible to participate?
- Define the difference in the rules for individuals and groups?
- Describe data collection and reporting
- Describe the requirements of Phase 1 – 3
- Practice management skills
The video tutorial is divided into 20 – 30 minute segments to enhance the learning experience. It can be viewed on any smart device an unlimited number of times, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Total viewing time (47:04)