Accountable Care Organizations are a central feature of health care reform that is rapidly changing the way in which we access health care. First introduced as part of the Affordable Care Act in 2010 the initial implementation has been rapid with over 400 organizations in operation across the country. It is very likely that your organization is considering an ACO entity or that you will be competing with an ACO in your community.
This online course has been prepared for any individual who works as a healthcare provider. There are no prerequisites to participate.
David Joyce M.D. M.B.A. and Paul Gurny M.B.A. MS
After participating in this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the mission of ACOs.
- Identify early implementation success and failures.
- Discuss finance in ACOs and shared savings.
- Discuss provider organization and reimbursement.
- Discuss ACOs in the present and the future
- Discuss the pros and cons through strategy planning
- Apply business fundamentals relating to private practice, hospital administration and governmental agencies.
The video tutorial is divided into 20 – 30 minute segments to enhance the learning experience. It can be viewed on any smart device an unlimited number of times, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Total viewing time (81:09)