Negotiation is a business skill that all physicians need to possess. All physicians negotiate on many different levels every day. Improving your skill allows for greater effectiveness in your relationship to other business entities, colleagues, employees and patients. This tutorial will examine the negotiating process involved in a new practice opportunity. It begins with a look at the non-financial factors. These are the make or break, very negotiable factors that may not look so important when considering an employment opportunity, but in the long run are the deciding factors of happiness and professional satisfaction. With this tutorial, you will level the negotiating playing field.
The online course has been prepared for any individual who works as a healthcare provider. There are no prerequisites to participate.
Paul Gurny M.B.A. M.S. Managing Director, Essential Seminars for Physicians LLC., Senior Professional Instructor, Johns Hopkins Carey Business School
David Joyce M.D. M.B.A. Director of Educational Programs, Essential Seminars for Physicians LLC.
After participating in this activity, participants will demonstrate the ability to:
- Evaluate the health system you are planning to work with.
- Explain the techniques of sound and effective negotiating.
- Use negotiation skills to secure your contract.
- Negotiate effectively with payers and insurers.
- Apply your overall negotiation skills.
- Perform your first year on the job in a way that ensures long term success and happiness.
The video tutorial is divided into 20 - 30 minute segments to enhance the learning experience. It can be viewed on any smart device an unlimited number of times, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Total viewing time (108:58)